Opposites attract right? The cliche statement for all couples, however there is some aspects that you should have in common with your partner.
In order to have a successful relationship, it doesn't mean you need to have all aspects in common but having similar beliefs on many can be extremely helpful for the couple.
Check out the list below:
1. Trust, trust is essential for successful relationships, trust builds a secure bond and mutual respect.
2. That brings in the next aspect, respect, having mutual respect from one another makes the difference between a healthy relationship vs. an unhealthy relationship.
3. Similar interests, when it comes to foods, movies, etc.This is important as your going to being having most of your meals together, thus having a common liking is important. Similar movies and interests also allows you to enjoy things you like together as a couple.
4. You're a team. Being a collaborative team allows you and your partner to love one another, support one another and have one another to achieve goals together.
5. Communication is key, your communication should be effective and so should your partners in order to promote healthy communication between the two.
6. Listening skills and empathy is another key element for successful relationships and partners to have in common.
7. Life/Future goals need to be similar, do you want kids? Do you want to purchase a home? Having similar life goals, allows for couple to feel motivated and inspired with their partner to obtain them.
8. Family boundaries, essential!! Having similar family boundaries is so important to have in common with your partner to avoid unnecessary disagreements and to live harmoniously with family.
9. Finances, finance expectations need to be similar, so that both partners understand the financial plan that both have independently and can bring together cohesively for the relationship.
10. Expectations, what is one another expectations on the relationship, on life? Having similar, common expectations allows couples to flourish and succeed.
11. Express appreciation, both partners need to feel validate and appreciated, this makes the difference between a successful couple vs. unsuccessful couple, give compliments, appreciate the love you two have together.
12. Values need to be similar, often I encourage my engaged couples to have these conversations to ensure that their core values and morals match up.
13. Hobbies, similar hobbies is wonderful for couples to have in common, it allows the couple to enjoy the things they love to do together.
14. Chores, successful couples have a clear structure of chores and how to share the roles.
15. Don't hold grudges, learn to forgive and grow and develop together.
16. Accept one another, differences, good, bad and all, love unconditionally always.